Post-trip back to New Jersey
When we got to Penn station, we took the express train home. Those two days have been quite an adventure with lots of surprises. After I got back to my school, I told everybody what I did in the NYC trip. I also brought in the wood name carving for a show and tell. Everybody liked it. My friend, Andrew, liked it so much that he wished that he could go to Caraustar to make one with his name on it.
My Highlights with the KSC
- On the day I was informed that I was the grand prize winner in Zero Waste, I was overjoyed running around the house (non-stop!!!).
- It was hard to keep it secret before the official announcements (very, very hard!!!)
- Lots of gifts had come. They are spectacular – maybe you cannot find some of them in the store.
- The Peter and Starcatcher Broadway show was a hit!
- The Intrepid was awesome!!!
Everybody has been super nice to me and my family. Thank you to everyone, including Mr. Metzner, Mr. Mahler, Mrs. Tufariello, and Mrs. Sanders. My mom also told me that Megan and Susan helped made our trip a wonderful experience! It is amazing that Susan knows what favorite things I want to do in NYC!! My parents also told me that I shall say thank-you to those sponsors who sent me wonderful educational gifts.