Executive Producer Jim Metzner
Jim Metzner has produced more than 5,000 short-format radio programs since 1979, winning over a dozen broadcasting awards, including the 1995 Grand Award at the International Radio Festival of New York.
Associate Producer Brett Barry
A graduate of Syracuse University’s Newhouse School, Brett Barry now runs Silver Hollow Audio, with a focus on spoken word sound production and publication of audiobooks about nature and place. He teaches production and performance at the State University of New York.
Visual Media Producer Maya Pettit-van der Meer
Maya Pettit-van der Meer is a graduate of Madison Media Institute in Madison, Wisconsin, where she studied video production, graphic design, and audio production. She has assisted various non-profits with their multi-media, marketing, and public relations needs.
Science Advisor Robert Russell
Robert L. Russell, Ph.D., is a developmental psychologist who consults with media, museum, and community/youth organizations on the design of informal science learning projects.
Science Advisor Michael Templeton
Michael Templeton uses what he knows and what he wonders about science and math to help kids and their parents enjoy and understand science and math. He currently watches over the mathematics in Cyberchase, a daily half hour PBS TV series, and previously did the same for the science in The Magic School Bus TV series.
Writers Nancy Finton and Peggy Sarlin
Peggy Sarlin writes children's television shows for Disney, Nickelodeon and PBS. She has written the public tours of Kennedy Space Center for NASA, educational films for the British Museum and Smithsonian, and a show-stopping comedy song for Bette Midler.
JUDGES FOR ALL SCIENTIFIC FIELDS
- Jim Metzner, Executive Producer, Kids’ Science Challenge
- Michael Templeton, Science Advisor, Pulse of the Planet, Kids' Science Challenge
- Beth McGrath, Director, Center for Innovation in Science and Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Dean Kinkoph, Science Teacher, Stow-Munroe Falls High School, Ohio
YEAR TWO SCIENTIST GROUPS
Sports on Mars:
- Brett Kennedy, Senior Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Adam Steltzner, Mechanical Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Ashwin Vasavada, Planetary Scientist, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Kobie Boykins, Mobility Systems Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Christopher Boxe, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Suparna Mukherjee, Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Judy Holmes, Communications Manager, Syracuse University College of Arts
- Dr. James T. Spencer, professor of chemistry and
founder of SU’s Forensic Science program, Syracuse University
- Tyna Gaylord, Project Advance Forensic science teacher, Indian River Central School District, Indian River Central School District, Syracuse University
- Dwayne Wisbey, Forensic Document Examiner, The Wallie Howard, Jr. Center for Forensic Sciences
- Tamara L. Danner, Forensic Chemist, The Wallie Howard, Jr. Center for Forensic Sciences
- David Tate, Latent Print Examiner, The Wallie Howard, Jr. Center for Forensic Sciences
- Mo Lupia, Forensics Investigator, The Wallie Howard, Jr. Center for Forensic Sciences
- Kathleen Corrado, Director of Laboratories for the Onondaga County Center for Forensic Sciences Laboratories in Syracuse, New York
- Sam Stier, Biomimicry Institute
- Bob Full, Biologist, University of California Berkeley
- Dr. Ron Fearing, Electrical Engineer, University of California Berkeley
- Dr. Christopher Viney, Engineer, University of California Merced
SPECIAL THANKS TO
- Susan Olshuff: Development
- Valerie Knight-Williams: Evaluation
- Rebecca Bolde: Video Editor
- Marquita Takei: Project Manager KSC Afterschool Outreach, Graphic Designer
- Livia Vanaver and Vanaver Caravan: Dance Troupe
- Spencer Weisbroth: Legal Counsel
- Bibi Farber: I Wanna Know! words, music and performance
Site Designed and Developed by Zumwinkle.com
Ann Zumwinkle, Mike Bilz, Douglas Bland, John Marchena, Donna Jones, Arthur Tien, Christina Lannen, and Peggy O'Connor for Zumwinkle.com